QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Regional Manager / Senior Auditor
Locations: Istanbul, Izmir, Turkey
Employment Type: Full Time
We are seeking a motivated and proactive individual to help with business development and audit and certification activities in Turkey and its regional locations. The manager will work with the global marketing and certification managers to develop business opportunities within the region. Candidates should have experience in sustainable textile schemes and related industries. The primary responsibilities include business development, sales and marketing, and completing audits and inspection activities.
The candidate should be fluent in English and the local language.The interview will be conducted in English.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume, a cover letter and salary expectations to the us.
IDFL is a global laboratory and certification body. IDFL specializes in textile related services for many industries including the outdoor industry (jackets, sleeping bags, outdoor gear, etc.), fashion industry (clothing, accessories, etc.) and the home textiles industry (pillows, quilts, comforters, etc.). As a certification body, IDFL provides various global certification programs, supply chain certifications, traceability audits and product inspection services. As a laboratory, IDFL is particularly expert in down and feather testing and other filled textiles, such as polyester and other synthetic materials. IDFL was founded in 1978 and is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah (USA). IDFL also has offices in Switzerland, China, Taiwan, and Vietnam.
IDFL is a company with over 40 years of involvement and experience in our industries. IDFL is a family business and each employee is treated with fairness and respect. The spirit of entrepreneurism is still alive and is finding ways to serve clients from around the world in any way that we can. IDFL trains each employee according to core principles and values hard work and optimism. Employees are expected to work hard for the common good of the company. As such, IDFL provides great benefits and flexibility for all employees.
· Act as an ambassador for IDFL in business development activities and lead strategies and programs to increase profits and enhance client base in regional areas.
· Become a highly trained and knowledgeable auditor for certified materials pertaining to the schemes / standards offered by IDFL.
· Develop leadership skills and help successfully grow and develop the regional audits and certifications services into an independent operating division.
· Sales and Marketing. Assist with sales activities including client visits, client communications, translations, seminar/webinar presentations, and other sales related opportunities as directed by the managers.
· Audits / Evaluations. Conduct audit and evaluation activities for IDFL clients according to global certification schemes / standards, such as Responsible Down Standard (RDS), Downpass, International Down Standard (IDS), EDFA, Global Recycled Standard (GRS) / Recycled Claim Standard (RCS), Organic Content Standard (OCS), and Responsible Wool Standard (RWS). These audit activities will primarily be within region, but may also include outside regions as well depending on location, language, etc.
· Audit Client Services. Handle client inquiries, check-in, agreements/quotations, coordinating schedules and processing certificates.
· Technical Expert. Learn and become expert in related certified materials – down/feather, wool, recycled materials (polyester, cotton, etc.) and organic materials.
· Support. Assist the managers with organization of daily/ weekly audit activities within the region and conduct scheduled meeting / training.
· Develop and implement quality plans and proceduresfor audit and consulting service.
Training will be provided.
· Training. Organize, participate, and help train junior auditors in standards, audit activities, client services, and technical expertise for certified materials. This includes shadow audits and auditor evaluations.
· Business Development. Assist with other business development activities such as adding new certification standards, auditing / inspection services and consulting services.
Training will be provided.
1. Extremely high level of integrity and honesty
2. 3+ years of work experience in related fields such as textiles, audits/certifications, social audits, chemicals, etc.
3. College Degree in textiles or related field.
4. Must be fluent in English and regional languages.Other languages abilities are highly desirable.
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Ability to work independently and proactively
7. Significant travel will be required. Ability to organize travel arrangements and submit all expense receipts as applicable.
8. Ability to work as part of a team.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
10. Strong investigative and problems solving skills
11. Ability to multi-task with a high attention to detail
12. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
13. Excellent computer skills with experience in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
1. Experience with fabrics, garments, or apparel quality and/or textiles highly desired
2. Knowledge of audit procedures and activities (i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 19011)
Either of the following qualifications would be considered a plus:
• Strong analytical skills
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving business performance
• Passionate about coaching/developing people
• Proven negotiation skills and consulting experience with clients
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves